Adeyemi S., Demir E., Yakutcan U.,
A statistical assessment of association
between meteorological parameters and COVID-19
pandemic in 10 countries. Journal of Global Health Reports. 2020;4:e2020066. https://doi.org/10.29392/001c.13693
- Adeyemi S., Demir E., Yakutcan U., Adeoti A., Kengne A.P., Kayode A.G., Ahmad A., Burmen
B., Idika N., Isichei C. (2020). The need for a radical technology for a wholistic HIV
disease management. Bulletin of the World Health Organization (Under review).
- Demir E., Adeyemi S., Adeoti A., Kengne A.P., Kayode A.G. (2020). HIV-MSS: A
User-Friendly Management Support System for Better Planning of HIV Care Services.
International Journal of Health Planning and Management (In press).
- Burmen B., Adeyemi S., Demir E., Yakutcan U., Adeoti A., Idika N., and Isichei C.
Beyond cost and access to medicine: Forecasting staffing needs based on Workload
of Staffing Need (WISN) to achieve UNAIDS 90-90-90 or 95-95-95.
- Yakutcan U., Adeyemi S., Demir, E., X, Y and Z (2020). A simulation based Budget Impact
Modelling and cost effectiveness of two-drug INSTI based regimen for the treatment of
patients. PharmacoEconomics. Under Review.
- Adeyemi S., Yakutcan U. Adeoti A and Demir E. A cautionary note on the association
between meteorological parameters an19 pandemic. Viewpoint Article, Journal of Global
- Ordu, M., Demir, E., Tofallis, C., and Gunal, M. (2019). A novel healthcare resource
allocation decision support tool: a forecasting-simulation-optimization approach.
Journal of the Operational Research Society. https://doi.org/10.1080/01605682.2019.1700186
- Adeyemi, S. and Demir, E. (2019). Modelling the neonatal system: A joint analysis of
length of stay and patient pathways. The International Journal of Health Planning and
- Ordu, M., Demir, E., and Tofallis, C. (2019). A decision support system for demand and
capacity modelling of an accident and emergency department. Health Systems
- Ordu, M., Demir, E. and Tofallis, C. (2019). A comprehensive modelling framework to
forecast the demand for all hospital services. The International Journal of Health
Planning and Management. https://doi.org/10.1002/hpm.2771
Demir, E., Southern, D., Rashid, S. & Lebcir, M (2018). A Discrete Event Simulation
model to evaluate the treatment pathways of patients with Cataract in the United
Kingdom. BMC Health Services Research. DOI:
- Demir, E., Southern, D., Verner, A. & Amoaku, W (2018). A simulation tool for better
management of retinal services. BMC Health Services Research 18, 1, 759.
Lebcir, R., Demir, E., Ahmad, R., Vasilakis, C. and Southern, D. (2017). A discrete
event simulation model to evaluate the use of community services in the treatment of
patients with Parkinson’s disease in the United Kingdom. BMC Health Services
Demir, E. and Southern, D. (2016). Enabling better management of patients: discrete
event simulation combined with the STAR approach. Journal of the Operational Research
Society 68, pg. 577-590.
Demir E, Gunal M and Southern D (2016). Demand and Capacity Modelling for Acute
Services using Discrete Event Simulation. Health Systems, 6, pg. 33–40.
Demir, E., Vasilakis, C., Lebcir, M. and Southern, D. (2015). A simulation-based
decision support tool for informing the management of patients with Parkinson’s disease.
International Journal of Production Research, 53, pg. 7238-7251.
Demir, E. (2014). A decision support tool for predicting patients at risk of
readmission: a comparison of classification trees, logistic regression, generalized
additive models, and multivariate adaptive regression splines. Decision Sciences,
45, pg. 849-880.
- Demir, E., Lebcir, R. and Adeyemi, S. (2014). Modelling length of stay and patient
flows: methodological case studies from the UK neonatal care services. Journal of the
Operational Research Society, vol. 65, pg. 532-545.
Adeyemi, S., Demir, E. and Chaussalet, T.J. (2013). Towards an evidence-based
decision-making healthcare system management: modelling patient pathways to improve
outcomes. Decision Support Systems, vol. 55, pg. 117-125.
Adeyemi, S., Demir, E. and Chaussalet, T.J. (2012). A non-proportional random effects
modelling for patient pathways. Statistical Methods and Applications, vol. 20,
Demir, E., Chahed, S., Chaussalet, T.J., Toffa, S. and Fouladinajed, F. (2012). A
decision support tool for health service re-design. Journal of Medical Systems,
vol. 36, pp. 621-630.
Demir, E., Chaussalet, T., and Adeyemi, S (2011). Profiling hospitals based on
emergency readmission: A multilevel transition modelling approach. Computer Methods
Programs in Biomedicine, vol. 108, pp. 487-499.